Saturday, August 7, 2010

wipe ...in heroic UK...

here comes another QQ post

So I queued up for my daily random earlier and got heroic UK, one of my favorite instances due to the ability to run through it in 12 minutes while keeping divine plea up the entire time except right before the last boss. I never start chainpulling from the very first mobs though unless I know the healer.

I inspected the healer, he was sitting in full t10 equivalent gear except for a 232 neck and 232 trinket, so I tested him, after the first 2 mobs I pulled the entire hall, both left and right. (you know, the ones that stun.)
I thought. Okay Im safe to pull freely. Boy I was wrong. I grabbed the pat, ran and picked up the 3 mobs on the side of the furnace, around to the next three and I stood there. I noticed the lack of green numbers flying across my screen (heals) and then I saw the healer was standing at the beginning of the instance still. I popped my cooldowns and tried to make it back to him but with no luck. I died. for the first time in probably a year, I died in the easiest instance in the game :P I asked if he was afk, to which he responded "no im back here" I apologized to the group and went in again, this time doing each pull one at a time and going as slow as possible... only to realize this holy priest wasnt casting spells of any kind other than pom... Now... If I switched to seal of light and put on my block gear, I can solo this heroic, ive done it before twice.. but I dont happen to have my block set in my bags and for some reason, although my gear is nearly complete BiS EH gear pre heroic icc... I felt extremely squishy... so much so that I finally made a use of my Corpse Tongue Coin. Infact, I threw on my avoidance set Ive been working on, landing me about 35% dodge buffed, and 29% parry. I was way beyond the point of unhittable at that point, though only having 35k hp including sanc and priest buff. From that point on his mindless PoM spam was sufficient to keep me up and we cleared the instance in.. about 19 minutes all together.

Now my questions are...

Should I have been paying more attention here? was I wrong to assume that this healer was good due to his gear... am I wrong assuming hes bad because he didnt run after me?

I never like repeating the same mistakes.. but this is the first time on my main in a long time Ive had to pay attention to my survival in a 5man and although I can easily blame the healer... I feel like I failed at my job, which is to keep the group alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment